Re: [Distillers] Charcoal. Before or after?

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Charcoal filtering will always improve quality of the distillate if you are after a neutral spirit.

      jimpuchai <puchai4@...> wrote:Hello everyone,
      May I wish you all a good New Year.

      I was wondering if there was anything to be gained, or lost, by
      using activated charcoal on the stripped mash (from sugar) at about
      50%ABV.

      I think that it might give a much cleaner second run if the bulk of
      the fusels etc. was removed before it has a chance to contaminate
      the pipes and column packing.

      Has anyone tried this?

      Your inputs will be much appreciated.

      Regards,