Fwd: Re: Rhum Agricole question

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      --- In therumenthusiast@yahoogroups.com, rhumguy wrote:
      The differences in taste are dramatic but I have
      heard French people describe rum industial as kerosene
      and likewise many people think rhum agricole smells
      like kerosene. I like both but you can't drink rhum
      agricole and coke, I only drink it as a 'ti
      punch.<br><br>The differences are due to the different raw
      materials and due to the differences in distillation
      purities.<br><br>Rhum agricole is only distilled to about 70% alcohol
      while rum distilled from molasses is distilled to over
      90% alcohol in the still.<br><br>You can look at my
      site for recommendations of particular rums. And you
      answer your next question, you can also find where to
      find some of them. <br>Cheers, from the sloop Tafia in
      the islands.
      --- End forwarded message ---