whiskey/mash

  • nvo@net-tech.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2001
      I am at the stage of mashing my malted barley at as directed 62-63
      celcius and upon doing so my thermometer was 62 celcius but this was
      approxitmately half way done the pot.So as good measure I put the
      thermometer within the mash that settles to the bottom and to my
      amazment it was 75 celcius.Question is does the mash have to be
      stirred continuously in order to keep the temperature even.

      regards andrew