Re: Commercially bought

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2000
      Subject: [Distillers] Commercially bought

      From: "David Rowlands" <davidr@...>

      Has anyone seen those commercially manufactured "essential oil reflux
      stills" available at home brew stores?
      Does anyone know of any way to improve the yield? From 5 litres of 20% wash,
      a yield of approx 800ml 70% is achieved. The reflux column has a marble in
      it. Would steel wool work better?

      Hi David,
      Seems to be a contradiction here - if going for essential oils the last
      thing you want is a reflux still - with one marble in it or not :-) Wadya
      reckon Des, Ray ... if going for essential oils then a straightforward pot
      still is what you need. Or am I missing something???

      Mike
    • David Rowlands
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2000
        Sorry for the confusion. In Australia they are sold as Essential Oil
        distillers for various reasons :-)

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2000
          Gotcha!!! :-))
          Mike