FW: [biofuel] Fwd: warning for yahoogroups

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
      More fun with Yahoo ....

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Tee [mailto:eagle1@...]
      Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 9:23 AM
      To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [biofuel] Fwd: warning for yahoogroups

      warning for yahoogroups

      Hi all, this was sent to me via another group I am with.....
      Thought that everyone should know.

      Tee

      Warning!
      Unless you follow the following information ANYONE can add you to
      ANY mailing list or group if you are part of Yahoogroups.com!
      This will protect you from someone adding you to an adult-oriented
      group, or a SPAM group, or any other group you may find personally
      distasteful.
      On the top right hand side there is a link called "My Preferences"please
      click on this link. Or to go there straight away follow this link
      http//groups.yahoo.com/myprefs

      You will see two columns. "Subscriptions and Views" and
      "Email Accounts"both with edit buttons.
      On the left hand column "Subscriptions and Views" please note that there
      is an option which says "Group Moderators can directly add me to their
      groups."

      Unless you change this anyone can add you to any type of group. So
      please click on the edit button next to the "Subscription and Views"heading.
      Then click the box that says "Group moderators CANNOT directly subscribe
      me to their groups." Then scroll down and press the"save changes" button.
      This will stop anyone from being able to add you to a group without your
      permission.

      Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
      To unsubscribe, send an email to:
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2001
        Looks like there was a : missing from the URL
        Try http://groups.yahoo.com/myprefs

        Sorry, I can't do such sweeping modifications to the settings to all the
        members of our group. Even if I could, such choices are a personal one.

        Tony