FW: Group - Distillers - Converting my eGroups account to Yahoo! Groups

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001
      Jan,

      This was the only advice that Yahoo could come up with ...

      Tony

      *************** snip ***********
      Hello ,

      Thank you for your email.

      The Yahoo! Groups Support Team strives to provide you with the most
      efficient service. We hope that the following information will be
      helpful. Please reply to this email if the information is insufficient
      or you need any further assistance.

      In order to link your eGroups account to a Yahoo! ID:

      Q: Should I convert my account?

      A: To take advantage of the Yahoo! Groups features online, you will need
      to enter your eGroups email address and password, and either associate
      it with an existing Yahoo! ID or register for a new one.

      If you only want to participate by email, you don't have to do anything
      to change the way you interact with the service:

      Q: How do I use the conversion wizard?

      A: If you currently have an eGroups account, and would like to use the
      web interface on Yahoo! Groups, you'll need to link your account to a
      Yahoo! ID using our conversion wizard by following these steps:

      1. Go to the conversion wizard:

      2. Enter your eGroups password. If you currently access eGroups via the
      web, enter your email address and eGroups password. If you don't know
      your password, click on the link to have it sent to you. If you
      currently access eGroups via email only, and now want to take advantage
      of the web-based features, just enter your email address, and we'll send
      you an authorization code to use.

      3. Enter your Yahoo! ID and password. Now you need a Yahoo! ID to
      associate your eGroups account with. Enter your current Yahoo! ID and
      password in the fields provided. If you don't have one, click on
      "Register for a Yahoo! ID now" to be walked through the registration
      process.

      4. You should see a confirmation screen that tells you the process is
      complete, and that your memberships have now been converted to Yahoo!
      Groups. From here, you can view your groups, convert another account, or
      go to the Groups home.

      Q: I forgot my eGroups password, so I'm not able to use the conversion
      wizard. What do I do now?

      A: Follow these steps:

      1. Go to the conversion wizard:

      2. In the "Don't have an eGroups password? Forgot your password" box,
      enter the email address which you have used to sign into eGroups.

      3. We will mail an authorization code to that email address. Check your
      inbox for that message and follow the instructions contained in it.

      4. Continue using the conversion wizard to link your eGroups account to
      your Yahoo! ID

      Q: What if I mess up on the conversion process, e.g. link the wrong
      address to the wrong Yahoo! ID?

      A: Follow these steps:

      1. Go to the My Preferences page. (Make sure you are signed in as the
      "wrong" Yahoo! ID.)

      2. Go to the "Email Accounts" section and click on the Edit button.

      3. Click on the "Remove" link for the address you'd like to link to
      another Yahoo! ID. The email address will no longer be linked to that
      Yahoo! ID.

      4. Sign out and go back to the conversion wizard and follow the
      instructions in the conversion wizard to link the email address to the
      Yahoo! ID you prefer.

      Thank you for using Yahoo!, and please let us know if we can be of
      further assistance.

      Regards,

      Customer Care