What watts is the still spirits still?

  • stampers@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      I've got my sugar sorted, I'm working on my yeast, I've got the
      scrubbers up my column (such as it is) and I'm talking to a man about
      a longer one...

      In the meantime, does anyone know what the rating of the element in
      the still spirits 25lt s/steel reflux still is? I've found a
      controller for a boiler in an old plaster bin I'd forgotten about
      from a former life and found that I can plug this in quite happily to
      my still. The problem is, I have no clue and nor can I find out what
      the wattage of the element is!

      Any info gratefully received...

      Kev.
    • hurne@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
        --- In Distillers@y..., stampers@b... wrote:
        > In the meantime, does anyone know what the rating of the element in
        > the still spirits 25lt s/steel reflux still is?

        I've now found out - it's 1380 Watts, in case anyone else is
        interested.

        Looks like my old controller will work after all then. I've got a wash
        ready to go through the still, so I'll give it a crack tonight.

        If it does work, would anyone be interested in me finding out if you
        can buy them separately?

        Kev.