Re: [Distillers] Need Help

  • Marc Spain
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2003
      The US Food and Drug Administration doesn't have juridiction over ethanol
      production, only the ATF.

      >From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@...>
      >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Distillers] Need Help
      >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:33:05 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Correct, but with this license comes taxes and US Drug and Food
      >Administration certificates anyone who wants to distill must meet. It
      >amounts in thousands dollars. Many thousands. If you have it and want to
      >pursue this alternative -- go ahead. Oh, forgot you must account for every
      >single gallon of your production. Good luck....
      >
      >Zarklan Zhaphedoix <fermentsindarkness@...> wrote:I believe that the
      >ATF issues distilling licenses to individuals. Wouldn't this inherently
      >make it legal to distill in the USA? I guess in the same way that it is
      >legal to operate an automobile in the US with the appropriate State issued
      >license.
      >
      >Ilicit home "craft" distillation would become very licit when the ATF signs
      >off on your home still.
      >
      >Austin Smith <asmith1@...> wrote:
      >It's not legal to home distill anywhere in the U.S., my friend. That's a
      >Federal law. The states can't override that. I'm sure that there many
      >home stills in the U.S., but don't delude yourself...they're all illegal.

      >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      >
      >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
      >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org

      >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      >
      >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
      >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org

      >I can be wrong I must say
      >Cheers, Alex...

      Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE
      online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
    • BOKAKOB
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1, 2003
        Perhaps, I am not that versed in which agency controls what.

        Marc Spain <uglymarc@...> wrote:The US Food and Drug Administration doesn't have juridiction over ethanol
        production, only the ATF.

        >From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@...>
        >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Distillers] Need Help
        >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:33:05 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >Correct, but with this license comes taxes and US Drug and Food
        >Administration certificates anyone who wants to distill must meet. It
        >amounts in thousands dollars. Many thousands. If you have it and want to
        >pursue this alternative -- go ahead. Oh, forgot you must account for every
        >single gallon of your production. Good luck....
        >
        >Zarklan Zhaphedoix <fermentsindarkness@...> wrote:I believe that the
        >ATF issues distilling licenses to individuals. Wouldn't this inherently
        >make it legal to distill in the USA? I guess in the same way that it is
        >legal to operate an automobile in the US with the appropriate State issued
        >license.
        >
        >Ilicit home "craft" distillation would become very licit when the ATF signs
        >off on your home still.
        >
        >Austin Smith <asmith1@...> wrote:
        >It's not legal to home distill anywhere in the U.S., my friend. That's a
        >Federal law. The states can't override that. I'm sure that there many
        >home stills in the U.S., but don't delude yourself...they're all illegal.

        >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        >
        >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
        >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org

        >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        >
        >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
        >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org

        >I can be wrong I must say
        >Cheers, Alex...

        I can be wrong I must say
        Cheers, Alex...

      • cheeperdrunk
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1, 2003
          Austin Smith <asmith1@b...> wrote:
          >It's not legal to home distill anywhere in the U.S., my friend.
          That's a
          >Federal law. The states can't override that. I'm sure that there many
          >home stills in the U.S., but don't delude yourself...they're all
          illegal.
          NOTE; State cannot overide Federal law in the u.s.a., but federal can
          overide state, a permit can be issued by the a.t.f. for ethanol
          production if it is to be used for a motor fuel ONLY. and in most
          cases must be denatured (poisioned) for a distillery to open in the
          u.s.a. you must meet federal permiting laws, have millions of dollars
          of bonding,and pass state and county health regulations...in
          otherwords good luck

          > Perhaps, I am not that versed in which agency controls what.
          >
          > Marc Spain <uglymarc@h...> wrote:The US Food and Drug
          Administration doesn't have juridiction over ethanol
          > production, only the ATF.
          >

          > >From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@y...>
          > >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: Re: [Distillers] Need Help
          > >Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:33:05 -0800 (PST)
          > >
          > >Correct, but with this license comes taxes and US Drug and Food
          > >Administration certificates anyone who wants to distill must meet.
          It
          > >amounts in thousands dollars. Many thousands. If you have it and
          want to
          > >pursue this alternative -- go ahead. Oh, forgot you must account
          for every
          > >single gallon of your production. Good luck....
          > >
          > >Zarklan Zhaphedoix <fermentsindarkness@y...> wrote:I believe that
          the
          > >ATF issues distilling licenses to individuals. Wouldn't this
          inherently
          > >make it legal to distill in the USA? I guess in the same way that
          it is
          > >legal to operate an automobile in the US with the appropriate
          State issued
          > >license.
          > >
          > >Ilicit home "craft" distillation would become very licit when the
          ATF signs
          > >off on your home still.
          > >
          > >Austin Smith <asmith1@b...> wrote:
          > >It's not legal to home distill anywhere in the U.S., my friend.
          That's a
          > >Federal law. The states can't override that. I'm sure that there
          many
          > >home stills in the U.S., but don't delude yourself...they're all
          illegal.

          > >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          > >
          > >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
          > >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
          > >
          > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.

          > >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          > >
          > >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
          > >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
          > >
          > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.

          > >I can be wrong I must say
          > >Cheers, Alex...

          > Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a
          FREE
          > online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          >
          > To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to distillers-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Service.

          > I can be wrong I must say
          > Cheers, Alex...

        • Marc Spain
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
            The ATF also regulates Distilleries that produce spirits for human
            consumption. My company is in the process of getting our permits from ATF.
            Not easy but doable.

> [...]
            > > >
            > > >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
            > > >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > > >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
            > > >
            > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            >Service.

            > > >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            > > >
            > > >To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to
            > > >distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > > >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
            > > >
            > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            >Service.
            > > >

            > > >I can be wrong I must say
            > > >Cheers, Alex...

            > > Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a
            >FREE
            > > online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            > >
            > > To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to distillers-

            Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos,
            and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx