Oaking Schedule?

  • toddk63
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2003
      I am doing my first oaking of some rum. I have 3 separate jars going
      with 1 ,2, and 3 tsp of toasted chips per liter to get a comparison on
      quantity of oak used. I have started at 80%, will cut to 55% in 1
      week, and cut to 40% after another 2 weeks, and then strain after
      another 2 weeks.

      My main concern is the 80% soak. What will this gain over starting
      with 55%. Or will it hurt it?

      Thanks,

      Todd K.