Re: [Distillers] Re: Crack corn

  • Ludwig Kirsch
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2003
      I might add that I malted some of the worst corn I have ever had the homor of seeing. Lots of gray mold, a little smut, damaged kernels, weed seeds and some insect damage. Cleaned it up as best I could and it made the better beer I ever made. Got an excellent conversion with a great taste. My point being that I seriously doubt that the old timers used fresh, No.1 Yellow corn to make their shine.