Re: Continuing the Carbon Thread

  • aussiroo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2003
      Hello again Matt,
      In my previous response, because you mentioned 90+%,
      I assumed you have a fractioning column still with reflux control valve.

      If this is not the case then you may need to dilute your spirit
      further before redistilling because the higher the % you start with
      the greater will be the vapor production rate and with some types of
      still there is potential for dangerous problems if they don't have
      extra latent capacity.

      If you are not aware of this potential or you need some more advise
      please discuss it further before redistilling at % over normal
      starting wash %.

      If you are an experienced hand this may seem innapropriate, just had a
      flash back to my beginnings and felt it best to be sure.

      Aussiroo