Electronic controller

  • jwdob@xxxxxx.xx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2000
      Hello all of you...

      I have all (?) my materials together for my reflux still.
      And now i was making a electronic (triac)
      proportional controller for my
      electric cooking plate of 1,5 Kw (i don't like gas)
      The controller works with a external sensor planned to be
      plased in the top of the reflux column.
      And now (as i write) i am testing it, it works ok, BUT.....
      Is this wise what i am doing, i mean it will keep the top on
      aprox 73.5 Celcius but when the alcohol is gone in the still
      the temperature in the still will rise i think......water
      will avaporate,more water MORE WATER hey where is my alcohol?
      So what is correct, keep the temperature in the column top
      on ~73.5 C
      Or the temperature of the still on ??.? Celcius (this will vary probably)
      Or none of the above because ........

      Hoping on some constructive answers
      (eXcuse my English)
      Jan-Willem