[Distillers] Feed Grade Moslasses

  • Ludwig Kirsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hello Everybody

      Some time back their was an article concerning feed grade molasses. I have a cousin who used to milk cows 30 years ago or so. I told him about this and this is what he said.

      We are confusing two different products. Feed Grade Mollasses and Molasses Based Feed.

      Feed Grade Molasses is a feed additive. Used to increase the calories intake of a high producing cow. It is just like the molasses you buy in the store. Probably less quality control. Comes either in dry or liquid. He used to get the liquid in 5 gallon plastic containers and the dry in 50 pound sacks. Both were very sweet and made his cows produce milk like crazy.

      The Molasses Based Feed is a complete feed with urea added for protein. Not worth a damn for a dairy cow but great in a feedlot. He says that urea will not make milk. Molasses Based Feed is also bitter when tasted and it has what he called "Intake Limiters" so the cows won't eat to much and waste feed. He didn't know what these were, only that they were in their.

      George also said that what's good for the cow is also good for the wife. If she makes lots of milk on it then it will make lots of alcohol too. I asked him if he ever had a "Hotshot" to hurry the cows up with, but he had no comment. Other than it was a hell of a lot easier to get the cows in the barn than it was the wife.

      Just to let you know
      Ludwig

      FREE ADHD DVD or CD-Rom (your choice) - click here!
      http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda2.com/1/c/563632/131726/311392/311392
      AOL users go here: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda2.com/1/c/563632/131726/311392/311392
      This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only