Re: i've found a cheap 15A triac in Australia!!!!

  • Campbell Ritchie
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2003
      > Matthew Garner wrote:
      > Subject: [Distillers] i've found a cheap 15A triac in Australia!!!!
      >
      > Hi Matt,
      >
      > This link will get you there:
      > http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZX7145&CATID
      >
      > However, this is not what you really want ... it's a good triac,
      but you may
      > have seen Spolatio's warning that some triacs have live tabs, and
      this is
      > one of them. It is also rated for only 400V 15A, and it is better
      if you
      > have a bit more leeway built into your controller. The type I
      would
      > recommend is the BTA139-600 which is rated for 600V 25A and has an
      insulated
      > tab.

      > Mike N

      I just bought one of these from Jaycar in Aspley, Brisbane and the
      one they are actually selling is the BTA16 600B - 16A, 600V
      insulated tab. This may be a local difference but it's probably
      worth checking what your store is selling as it's a much better
      triac. I also got their plugpack enclosure to build it in (stock no.
      HB5900)

      Campbell