What do ya think happend?

  • shinershane
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hey distill'n dudes. I re-ran two liters of 90% last night to try and
      get a bit better % and something went wrong. I put about four liters
      of hot water in my pot and added my two liters of Distillate and
      brought it up to temp, let Stabilize and began to draw it off. I use
      a 1 meter reflux SR design. I only got about a half liter and things
      went bad. Temps started to rise like I was at the end of my run. I
      could not draw off anymore! That was it! I heard a slight gurgle when
      this was happening. I know there was a lot of alcohol left in my pot
      so I have covered it to try again in a day or so. I gave my scrubbers
      and column a good cleaning whitch neither really seemed to need it.
      This has never happend before, Maybe this was just a freak happening?
      What do you wise old owls think?

      SS
    • BOKAKOB
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        It may be possible that somehow your column got
        fludded. Try to re-arrange your srubbers, make sure
        your take off passage is clear (valve and the tube),
        use less heat to distill.

        =====

        I can be wrong I must say
        Cheers, Alex...

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • shinershane
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
          You always come through for me sooner or later. I did take out a few
          scrubbers and finally got it through my head that a smashed down
          scrubber is nothing more then a flat disc lacking in surface. when
          teased up and packed gentle with care they treat me a whole lot
          better. Thanks again

          Brother in Spirits

          SS