unsubscribe

  • BJ & FM Poke
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 29, 1999
    • Hussein Sharif
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 25, 2000

        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 6, 2000
          Unsubscribe

          bob@...
        • De Boer
          Message 4 of 30 , May 28 7:38 AM
            unsubscribe
          • De Boer
            Message 5 of 30 , May 28 7:39 AM
              unsubscribe
            • Brett A. Spivy
              Message 6 of 30 , Jun 9, 2000
                unsubscribe
              • jaywrite
                Message 7 of 30 , Jun 9, 2000
                  unsubscribe

                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 12, 2000
                    unsubscribe
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 12, 2000
                      Unsubscribe

                      Say Bye to Slow Internet!
                      http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
                    • Barbara Trevare-Domeyer
                      Message 10 of 30 , Dec 10, 2000
                        I wish to unscribe from the distillers group please

                        thank you

                        barosco1@big pond.com.au
                      • Rod Kopping
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jul 13, 2001

                        • Alexander Hofmann
                          Message 12 of 30 , Jul 16, 2001
                          • OsneyP�rez
                            Message 13 of 30 , Jul 18, 2001
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jul 18, 2001
                                Osney,

                                NOT to the regular posting address.

                                Tony
                              • colt
                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 30, 2001
                                  unsubscribe

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 14, 2001
                                    unsubscribe
                                  • Adam.Antczak
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 16, 2001

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 16, 2001

                                      • Jon.Tereszkiewicz@med.va.gov
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 16, 2001
                                          unsubscribe
                                        • adam antczak
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Apr 23, 2002

                                            Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:39 AM
                                            Subject: [Distillers] Connection of Column to Boiler

                                            This should have been the subject of my previous post

                                            Encyklopedia multimedialna w prezencie!
                                            [ http://www.e-mail.onet.pl ]

                                          • Cary Humber
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Apr 28, 2002
                                              i would like to unsubscribe from the group. thanks

                                            • dale lindsey
                                              Message 22 of 30 , May 6 2:18 AM
                                                Please unsubscribe me

                                                Message 23 of 30 , May 7 8:42 PM

                                                  please unsubscribe me

                                                • pfitzner@austarnet.com.au
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , May 31 6:06 PM
                                                    Please unsubscribe me for the News Group

                                                    Thanx
                                                  • Boulder Books and Brews
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jun 18, 2002

                                                      Thanks

                                                    • ed montforts
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jul 30, 2002
                                                        please unsubscribe from digest. I chose to receive e-mails.
                                                        Ed

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Sep 26, 2002
                                                          HI COULD YOU PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME
                                                          THANKS

                                                          From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@...>
                                                          2. Turbogist in Nederland ( Dutch info)
                                                          From: "lapsnuit" <lapsnuit@...>
                                                          3. still spirits still
                                                          From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                          4. wonder if you could make that kettle into a still
                                                          From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                          5. Re: Questions about Gin
                                                          From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                          6. Re: Seal Material
                                                          From: "Tim Kovac" <castrumnovum@...>
                                                          7. Re: still spirits still
                                                          From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                          8. Fwd: still spirits still
                                                          From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                          9. reflux still origins
                                                          From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                          10. Re: Re: Questions about Gin
                                                          From: "Joe Pagan" <joe_pagan@...>

                                                          Message: 1
                                                          Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
                                                          From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@...>
                                                          Subject: Re: Seal Material

                                                          Hi, ogzo46!
                                                          The temperature for "O"-rings is not a problem at all. The heat should not
                                                          rise over 100 or so degrees Centigrade. I don't thnk it will affect the
                                                          process. The chemical composition should be fine too. If in doubt, I would
                                                          seal the exposed to the alcohol path area with aquarium grade clear silicone
                                                          caulking. However, try first. Perhaps it will not leach any chemicals. I
                                                          think a good test would be to soak these "O"-rings or whatever you are going
                                                          to use separately in various solvent solutions. If it stays intact there is
                                                          a good probability it is fine.
                                                          ogzo46 wrote:Hi Guys,
                                                          You can't get more newby than me, I have been drinking Malt
                                                          whisky for about 15 years and have decided to try and fake a
                                                          reasonable whisky, I know it's a lot harder to make the real thing!!
                                                          I'm a welder by trade so stainless is not a problem,I'm going to use
                                                          fittings and pipe from surplus winery work,but the 'O' rings have me
                                                          worried, can they take the heat and are they OK for alcohol? I have
                                                          seen them used at TARAC distillery in the Barossa.
                                                          Regards Eric

                                                          [This message contained attachments]

                                                          Message: 2
                                                          Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:48:05 -0000
                                                          From: "lapsnuit" <lapsnuit@...>
                                                          Subject: Turbogist in Nederland ( Dutch info)

                                                          Vanaf heden leverbaar uit voorraad de nieuwe 24 uurs gist van
                                                          Alcotec. Kijk op www.turbogist.nl

                                                          Ook voor ander gisten en essences.

                                                          This is a informational message for dutch speaking people.
                                                          It is about turbo yeast availability in the Netherlands.

                                                          Sorry for the Dutch language.

                                                          Message: 3
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:07:56 +0930
                                                          From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                          Subject: still spirits still

                                                          Does any one have info/pics on various mods to the still spirits stills? I
                                                          saw one once have been unable to find it again.

                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:12:21 +0930
                                                          From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                          Subject: wonder if you could make that kettle into a still

                                                          [This message is not in displayable format]

                                                          Message: 5
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 01:39:21 -0000
                                                          From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                          Subject: Re: Questions about Gin

                                                          --- In Distillers@y..., "Joe Pagan" <joe_pagan@h...> wrote:
                                                          > Hi all,
                                                          >
                                                          > I tried some experimenting last night with distilled water and
                                                          > liquid lecithin as was recommended.
                                                          >
                                                          > First experiment: I made up a 750 ml bottle with gin and I used
                                                          > distilled water. The gin only had a slight cloudiness to it.
                                                          > More like a bluish tint with a slight haze. Heading in the right
                                                          > direction.
                                                          >
                                                          > Second experiment: Once that bottle was done, I tried the liquid
                                                          > Lecithin as recommended from the newsgroup. The gin became even
                                                          > more cloudier than the bottles that I done before. Experiment
                                                          > failed in my mind.
                                                          >
                                                          > Other suggestions or solutions?
                                                          >
                                                          > Joe

                                                          Hmm, don't know why that didn't work (scratches head). Maybe its
                                                          because you need to increase solubility into alcohol, not into water.

                                                          Another suggestion is that oils dissolve more readily into an
                                                          alkaline solution than an acidic solution. Maybe add a little bi-
                                                          carb to reduce acidity? You have to remember that you can only
                                                          increase the solubility slightly, so if you have way too much oil in
                                                          suspension, nothing will help.

                                                          Salts and trace minerals can also aid in dissolution of oil. Have
                                                          you tried using tap water instead of distilled?

                                                          Message: 6
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:11:23 +1000
                                                          From: "Tim Kovac" <castrumnovum@...>

                                                          The name of "O" ring material is "Viton" but and the name could be different
                                                          in each country
                                                          Any "o" ring supplier or Hydraulic Cylinder catalog lists different
                                                          materials for different applications.
                                                          Choose "high tempereture" "high pressure" and "mineral oil resistant"
                                                          material and it will outlast your still.
                                                          Regards,
                                                          Tim

                                                          >From: "ogzo46" <ericoz@...>
                                                          >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
                                                          >Subject: [Distillers] Seal Material
                                                          >Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:49:26 -0000
                                                          >
                                                          >Hi Guys,
                                                          > You can't get more newby than me, I have been drinking Malt
                                                          >whisky for about 15 years and have decided to try and fake a
                                                          >reasonable whisky, I know it's a lot harder to make the real thing!!
                                                          >I'm a welder by trade so stainless is not a problem,I'm going to use
                                                          >fittings and pipe from surplus winery work,but the 'O' rings have me
                                                          >worried, can they take the heat and are they OK for alcohol? I have
                                                          >seen them used at TARAC distillery in the Barossa.
                                                          > Regards Eric

                                                          Message: 7
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:18:41 -0000
                                                          From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                          Subject: Re: still spirits still

                                                          --- In Distillers@y..., "spiritual" <warranty@p...> wrote:
                                                          > Does any one have info/pics on various mods to the still spirits
                                                          stills? I saw one once have been unable to find it again.

                                                          Do you mean a reflux or a pot still?

                                                          I have a still spirits reflux still. My first mod to it was to
                                                          seperate the water supplies to the cooling jacket and the condenser.
                                                          Eventually I found that the cooling jacket is not necessary. The
                                                          still works just as well without it IMHO. The best mod to make to
                                                          this still is to extend the column. What I have done is to get
                                                          myself a metre of 2" copper pipe. To this I have added a copper cap
                                                          end to each end. I have drilled a hole in each cap, and tapped a
                                                          1/2" BSP thread. I bought a 1/2" nipple, and two lock-nuts to suit.
                                                          One lock nut I use down the bottom to attach to the boiler, the other
                                                          to lock the nipple into the cap at the top. The nipple at the top
                                                          will screw into the original head.

                                                          You can go further and turn this into a Nixon-Stone style still, but
                                                          I haven't got to that yet.

                                                          Here is a link to the plans of what I have done.

                                                          Mike G

                                                          Message: 8
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:46:19 -0000
                                                          From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                          Subject: Fwd: still spirits still

                                                          Msg 5937 gives an example, together with previous suggestions.

                                                          Wal
                                                          --- In Distillers@y..., "spiritual" <warranty@p...> wrote:
                                                          Does any one have info/pics on various mods to the still spirits
                                                          stills? I saw one once have been unable to find it again.
                                                          --- End forwarded message ---

                                                          Message: 9
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:14:39 -0000
                                                          From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                          Subject: reflux still origins

                                                          Possibly the origin of the reflux column still goes back to the 15th
                                                          century. In 'De arte conficiendi aquam vitae simplicem et
                                                          compositam', written by Michele Savonarola (1384-1462), a professor
                                                          at the University of Padua, he gives a description of the still and
                                                          suggests that the column should be as tall as possible, because the
                                                          further alcoholic vapors are made to travel, the more impurities they
                                                          lose. See cross section of still:
                                                          http://cipriani.com/cipriani/Grappa/distillazionee.htm

                                                          Also see 'The Begginnings'
                                                          http://www.polishvodkas.com/history-vodka/fr_beginning.htm
                                                          'Distillation'
                                                          http://www.polishvodkas.com/history-vodka/fr_distillation.htm
                                                          and Fig 7 in 'Production'
                                                          http://www.polishvodkas.com/history-vodka/fr_production.htm

                                                          Also useful is 'Distillation in Alambic' at the 'Essential Spirits
                                                          Alambic Distilleries' site:
                                                          http://www.essentialspirits.com
                                                          Click on 'History of Distilling'

                                                          Wal
                                                          The modern improvements are the restriction of reflux cooling to only
                                                          the top of the column (still not by everyone!), and the use of plates
                                                          or packing in the column.

                                                          Message: 10
                                                          Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:42:10 -0300
                                                          From: "Joe Pagan" <joe_pagan@...>
                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Questions about Gin

                                                          I haven't tried our tap water yet because is has a sulfur smell to it. The
                                                          first batch I made I used spring water which turned the gin cloudier than
                                                          the distilled water.

                                                          I'll try some bicarb to see if those results are any better. Some one also
                                                          recommended super clear, used for clearing wines. Would that work?

                                                          I'll take everyones suggestions and experiment with each. I noticed when
                                                          the alcohol content was around 50%ABV the gin started to turn cloudy. If I
                                                          leave the ABV higher than 50% the gin remained clear.

                                                          Thanks again.

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                            please unsubscribe from digest.
                                                          • Zeke Jones
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Oct 3, 2002

                                                              I'll do my best but am making NO promises!!   :>)

                                                              >From: ed montforts
                                                              >To: "Distillers@yahoogroups.com"
                                                              >Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:14:05 +0200
                                                              >
                                                              >please unsubscribe from digest.

                                                            • Robert N
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Oct 5, 2002

                                                                Now Zeke your not taking the piss out of poor old Ed are you?

                                                                Have a great day!

                                                                Robert