temperature control; where and how?

  • jwdob@xxxxxx.xx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2000
      Happy New-Year to everybody (to start with)

      I made this posting a week ago, but it didn't show up...?

      I finished the work on my reflux still
      Column 1 meter 42mm copper
      And now i build myself a proportional temperature controller
      With this i can control my electric cooking plate.
      It works grate, but the problem is where should i put the sensor,
      i planned it on top of the column.
      But i understand that the temperature raises in the boiling vessel when the alcohol disapearse to about 90 celcius.
      So should i perhaps put my sensor in the boiler?

      Hmmm not so nice written as the first time but ok you all get the picture i hope
      Another question is about the FILE section, i don't see any in this group
      There is one by DISTILLING and SCA-DIST2 or something but not here or...

      You can find al sort of things about distilling on www.about.com
      search for (example) packing column or just distilling

      and look here http://www.vff.de/englisch/index_e.htm
      all kind of column fillings including surface and free volume numbers

      Greetings from the Netherlands
      Jan-Willem