Re: [Distillers] Good site - the Household Cyclopedia

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2000
      On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 08:56:32AM +1300, Tony & Elle Ackland wrote:
      > Thanks Don & Brad ..
      >
      > >To dehydrate it, I imagine
      > I'd sorta thought that, but couldn't see the point, given that your just
      > going to rehydrate it in the wash again.
      >
      > I'll try and see if the local chemist has creosote.

      hmm.. according to some searches I did, it seems creosote has been used
      in the past for coloring in whiskies or on one page I saw it in a list of
      additives apparently meant to hide the smells of fusels (check for whiskey
      and ambergris). But creosote traditionally contains Benzopyrene, a known
      mutagen and carcinogen. Then again, 5 drops of creosote in so much
      liquid probably puts its risk in the negligible category....

      just my 2 cents!
      -matt
      Matthew @ psibercom