Re: Outstanding, Thanks Corn Wash, read this please

  • headcavedin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30 9:25 PM
      This answers a lot as trying to get temps up at the top of my SR
      design was not working. Trying to shoot for 173F was doing nothing
      but sending everything up the column causing flooding and surging.
      Left alone my setup will hold at 168.9 and give me 95% Is this good?
      Not good? am I killing myself? Thanks

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "corn_wash" <corn_wash@y...> wrote:

      > yes start with water and see where steam occurs with no reflux,
      thein
      > minus that temp from the rest so you will know what is happening
      > inside the still,////
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "headcavedin" <headcavedin@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hello, Around here water will be at a full rolling Boil at 207F.
      > > Since I am at an Altitude where this accures lower then 212F
      Will
      > > this also be a factor at what Temps Alcohol cooks off? Just
      > wondering
      > >
      > > Frank
    • corn_wash
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        sounds like you found the target temp for your location 168.9 95% is