Boiling Temps

  • headcavedin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hello, Around here water will be at a full rolling Boil at 207F.
      Since I am at an Altitude where this accures lower then 212F Will
      this also be a factor at what Temps Alcohol cooks off? Just wondering

      Frank
    • corn_wash
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2003
        yes start with water and see where steam occurs with no reflux, thein
        minus that temp from the rest so you will know what is happening
        inside the still,////

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "headcavedin" <headcavedin@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hello, Around here water will be at a full rolling Boil at 207F.
        > Since I am at an Altitude where this accures lower then 212F Will
        > this also be a factor at what Temps Alcohol cooks off? Just
        wondering

        > Frank
      • headcavedin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2003
          This answers a lot as trying to get temps up at the top of my SR
          design was not working. Trying to shoot for 173F was doing nothing
          but sending everything up the column causing flooding and surging.
          Left alone my setup will hold at 168.9 and give me 95% Is this good?
          Not good? am I killing myself? Thanks

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "corn_wash" <corn_wash@y...> wrote:

          > yes start with water and see where steam occurs with no reflux,
          thein
          > minus that temp from the rest so you will know what is happening
          > inside the still,////
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "headcavedin" <headcavedin@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hello, Around here water will be at a full rolling Boil at 207F.
          > > Since I am at an Altitude where this accures lower then 212F
          Will
          > > this also be a factor at what Temps Alcohol cooks off? Just
          > wondering
          > >
          > > Frank
        • corn_wash
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
            sounds like you found the target temp for your location 168.9 95% is