Re: No reflux

  • papagoose2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Frederick Christiansen
      <frederick.christiansen@m...> wrote:
      > Papagoose,
      >
      > I built the same column but without your additions, and I
      experienced a
      > similar event. As it turned out, I found that I was pushing it too
      hard
      > with the power. I use a gas heat source and when I cut back on the
      power
      > it settled down and has worked fine since. I do have a question
      though,
      > did you leave an 8 or 10 mm gap between the packing and the reflux
      > return tube? Are you sure the reflux return tube is open or clear?
      The
      > results you are getting, 80% abv is what I was getting when it
      occurred.
      > - Derf

      Thanks for the information, reguarding the 1/4" reflux tube I also
      thought this might be a problem so I drilled several 1/4" holes in a
      piece of I/2" copper pipe and slipped it over the end of the reflux
      tube then filled the rest of the column this disbursed the reflux in
      several directions. Thanks again for the information.

      What