Re: [Distillers] Off topic- yahoo mail

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
      When you browse the internet your e-mail return or reply to address is captured. Then it is only a technicality to compile a list and start sending all kind of spam. That is why many people use this kind of e-mail addreses in corresponfding fields:

      <no_spam>John_Doe@...
      John_Doe_at_some_net whtever --

      use your imagination, so only human brain could detect it.

      Anyway this address is already screwed. It is being sold and re-sold. I suggest you go through the pain of changing email address or name and notifying your contacts...

      Shane Kirkman <shanekirkman@...> wrote:
      Can anyone tell me how to stop my yahoo mail box, from filling up with spam? About every 12hrs my mailbox fills up. Then I cant receive any more mail till I empty it. Spamgard is turned on, but all it does is put the spam in a junk folder which is counted as space. I need to stop the spam from reaching yahoo.

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...