Re: [Distillers] Sediment ?

  • Johan Hemberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2000
      It can be two things. Drinking water contains limestone and that can precipitate when you mix water and alcohol.
      Second, activiated carbon is normally not perfectly clean it contains diffrent kind of salts.
      Before you mix activated carbon and alcohol clean the activated carbon by boling it in a saucepan and then discard the water, taste it to see if there is any impurity.
      This will make your activated carbon much more effective as well!

      When I use activated carbon I clean it by boiling it, and that water didn't taste well at all! a strange salty taste..