Tequila recipe (maybe)

  • ups474@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2000
      I just finished reading "The book of tequila" by Bob Emmons (Open
      Court Press, 1997). In it he states that the agave plant is mashed
      by putting it into a steam powered oven. this causes a sweet liquid
      to run out, which is saved, diluted, and fermented. He also
      commented that the unfermented juice smells and tastes alot like
      candied yams. Perhaps candied yams could be fermented and distilled
      and give a tequila like spirit. I plan to try it as soon as I get a
      chance - I'll keep you posted.
    • Gary Gluyas
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2000
        Well, I have heard it all!

        Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

        Isn't that a bit like eating shit . . . . and trying to turn it into
        ice-cream!

        - I have never heard such crap in all my years!

        CANDIED YAMS INTO TEQUILA . . . what next?

        Ya just gonna have to try a better suggestion than that!

        Gary

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2000
          It sounds as though you may have had a tad of the "juice" before you hit the
          net.

          Please don't abuse someone who has an idea, especially before it is tried,
          otherwise you may have to eat sh-t yourself !!

          Merry Christmas.