Re: Absinthe

    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 1, 2003
      See msg 13168 for commercial absinthe recipes based on historical
      references.
      Wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, maxime belair <maxime_belair@y...>
      wrote:
      > Ok, but if I understand well sage contains 15-35%
      > thujone and artemisia absinthium only contains 1%
      > thujone.
      >
      > Following the recipe (1tbsp of wormwood per litre of
      > wine) I should reduce this quantity using sage. If I
      > don't it is going to be to strong in thujone I guess.
      > What do you think about it?
      >
      > Personnally I would use 40% alcohol instead of wine
      > and soak for 12 hours just to experiment before I
      > build my still.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Max B.

      > Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
      > magasinage.yahoo.ca
    • Jack o' the Green
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 12 7:28 AM

        The louche is good, but I usually cheat by putting in straight ice cubes and letting them melt a bit before

        drinking. I’m never patient enough to chill water first ;)