Re: [Distillers] Double Element control

  • Shane Kirkman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      Sorry I cant use the electronic drawing programs I have.
      I will see what i can do with photocopy.
      Ps MikeM said it was already in "The Compeat Distiller".

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        Shane Kirkman wrote:
        Subject: [Distillers] Double Element control

        How,s this for controlling a double element still, that has plugin sockets or cords, 240v. Say a 1.5k & a 1.7k for example.
        1: For heat up and fast stripping runs, have both elements plugged in and on(separate wall supplies).3.2k
        2: For stripping or high heat runs, have one of the elements turned on. 1.5k or 1.7k.
        3:For low heat runs 797w, have a double socket and power cord, rewired to serial instead of parallel.
        Example: Take a duel wall socket, wire some 3core flex in series instead of parallel, standard wall plug other end. Plug
        in both elements-plug in wall plug = 797. Yes? No?
        Wall socket housed in a safe box of course. Or if you can find the right duel socket/cord just a matter of rewirering it.
        Shane,

        I posted a reply to you on New Distillers (message #7952 dated 25 May 2003) with a diagram for this, called "Shane-g".
        I have posted it again, this time on Distillers in the Photo section, under the name "Switch Controller"

        Mike N