Re: [Distillers] Re: Double Element control

  • Shane Kirkman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      So I do get it right sometimes :)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "mwmccaw" <mwmccaw@...>
      To: <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 1:27 AM
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: Double Element control

      > Shane, there are plans for exactly that form of control in "The
      > Compleat Distiller" You can implement the method either with plugs
      > and sockets or with switches.
      > Cheers,
      > Mike McCaw

    • Shane Kirkman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        Sorry I cant use the electronic drawing programs I have.
        I will see what i can do with photocopy.
        Ps MikeM said it was already in "The Compeat Distiller".

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
          Shane Kirkman wrote:
          Subject: [Distillers] Double Element control

          How,s this for controlling a double element still, that has plugin sockets or cords, 240v. Say a 1.5k & a 1.7k for example.
          1: For heat up and fast stripping runs, have both elements plugged in and on(separate wall supplies).3.2k
          2: For stripping or high heat runs, have one of the elements turned on. 1.5k or 1.7k.
          3:For low heat runs 797w, have a double socket and power cord, rewired to serial instead of parallel.
          Example: Take a duel wall socket, wire some 3core flex in series instead of parallel, standard wall plug other end. Plug
          in both elements-plug in wall plug = 797. Yes? No?
          Wall socket housed in a safe box of course. Or if you can find the right duel socket/cord just a matter of rewirering it.
          Shane,

          I posted a reply to you on New Distillers (message #7952 dated 25 May 2003) with a diagram for this, called "Shane-g".
          I have posted it again, this time on Distillers in the Photo section, under the name "Switch Controller"

          Mike N