Re: Absinthe

  • maxime belair
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 1, 2003
      Ok, but if I understand well sage contains 15-35%
      thujone and artemisia absinthium only contains 1%
      thujone.

      Following the recipe (1tbsp of wormwood per litre of
      wine) I should reduce this quantity using sage. If I
      don't it is going to be to strong in thujone I guess.
      What do you think about it?

      Personnally I would use 40% alcohol instead of wine
      and soak for 12 hours just to experiment before I
      build my still.

      Thanks,

      Max B.

      Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
      magasinage.yahoo.ca
    • Jack o' the Green
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 12, 2007

        The louche is good, but I usually cheat by putting in straight ice cubes and letting them melt a bit before

        drinking. I’m never patient enough to chill water first ;)