Double Element control

  • Shane Kirkman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      How,s this for controlling a double element still, that has plugin sockets
      or cords, 240v. Say a 1.5k & a 1.7k for example.
      1: For heat up and fast stripping runs, have both elements plugged in and
      on(separate wall supplies).3.2k
      2: For stripping or high heat runs, have one of the elements turned on. 1.5k
      or 1.7k.
      3:For low heat runs 797w, have a double socket and power cord, rewired to
      serial instead of parallel. Example: Take a duel wall socket, wire some
      3core flex in series instead of parallel, standard wall plug other end. Plug
      in both elements-plug in wall plug = 797. Yes? No?
      Wall socket housed in a safe box of course. Or if you can find the right
      duel socket/cord just a matter of rewirering it.

      Only learning electronics so don't be too hard on me if I am wrong
    • whperdix@kabelfoon.nl
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        Please drop the scheme of this control in the newsgroup!
      • mwmccaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
          Shane, there are plans for exactly that form of control in "The
          Compleat Distiller" You can implement the method either with plugs
          and sockets or with switches.
          Cheers,
          Mike McCaw

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Kirkman"

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
            So I do get it right sometimes :)

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
              Sorry I cant use the electronic drawing programs I have.
              I will see what i can do with photocopy.
              Ps MikeM said it was already in "The Compeat Distiller".

              > Please drop the scheme of this control in the newsgroup!

            • Mike Nixon
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
                Shane Kirkman wrote:
                Subject: [Distillers] Double Element control

                How,s this for controlling a double element still, that has plugin sockets or cords, 240v. Say a 1.5k & a 1.7k for example.
                1: For heat up and fast stripping runs, have both elements plugged in and on(separate wall supplies).3.2k
                2: For stripping or high heat runs, have one of the elements turned on. 1.5k or 1.7k.
                3:For low heat runs 797w, have a double socket and power cord, rewired to serial instead of parallel.
                Example: Take a duel wall socket, wire some 3core flex in series instead of parallel, standard wall plug other end. Plug
                in both elements-plug in wall plug = 797. Yes? No?
                Wall socket housed in a safe box of course. Or if you can find the right duel socket/cord just a matter of rewirering it.
                Shane,

                I posted a reply to you on New Distillers (message #7952 dated 25 May 2003) with a diagram for this, called "Shane-g".
                I have posted it again, this time on Distillers in the Photo section, under the name "Switch Controller"

                Mike N