Re: wash, to get the most Alc. out of cracked corn or grain

  • Boot
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 27, 2003
      Sounds to me like this method is using the corn to providing flavouring to
      the wash instead of both flavouring and sugar. In theory by adding sugar
      separately it should amount to approximately the same thing, although of
      course it wouldn't be an exact match. The cracked corn I've seen is pretty
      chunky stuff that wouldn't provide much surface area. Ground corn might
      give even more flavour for the same weight.

      Boot