RE: [Distillers] Re aeration

  • Pete Sayers
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
      To Don and Scott, dont worry, whilst it is LEGAL to distill here in New
      Zealand, there is still some resistance by our local CONSTABULARY,in the
      form of "Press Releases" regarding the POISONOUS alcohol being peddaled
      around town. A few months ago some unscrupulous bastard was selling home
      made alcohol to local teenagers. These kids were getting absolutely shit
      faced, and wandering (if they could walk) around town causing a problem for
      the boys in blue.This resulted in a press release stating that our children
      were drinking over proof liquor, that possibly contained toxins, poisons
      etc. I rang the policeman who made these statements( i happened to know
      him)and he came down to talk to me. I asked him the question, that if some
      wanker was imoral enough to sell home made spirits to kids, then wouldn't
      that person also be imoral enough to sell these kids watered down stuff,the
      policeman agreed. That took care of the over proof spirit bit. I then
      explained to the policeman how our Distilling Systems worked, and how ,
      because we are making small batches, and taking extra special care to
      produce the best quality spirit we can. We also go the extra distance to
      ensure that virtually no impurities are present in the final product.I also
      showed him a Gas Chromatograph read out showing that our home made stuff,
      was in facrt "Cleaner" than the store bought stuff.That policeman is now a
      "Spirit making client" and fully realises the error of his ways, and enjoys
      the product he is now making.
      Just a little story for your enjoyment
      regards Pete from Brewers Barn