Thermistors as Thermometers

  • Shane Kirkman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2003
      I just uploaded a file: ThemistorTable.zip witch is a calibration of Dick
      Smith cat no R1890 . $3.97au
      You just hook the thermistor up to a Multi Meter, reading ohm's you look up
      the chart to convert to temperature.
      Very accurate but you should do a table for each thermistor ( apparently
      they are individualistic ).
    • toddk63
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2003
        There are only about three basic kinds so you might be able to find a
        generic chart online somewhere. Also, thermistors are not linear by
        nature, but if you put a resistor of the same value of resistance
        as the thermistor (at your normal range of temperatures) in parallel
        with the thermistor it will, in effect, linearize it!

        Todd K.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Kirkman" <shanekirkman@y...>
        wrote:
        > I just uploaded a file: ThemistorTable.zip witch is a calibration of
        Dick
        > Smith cat no R1890 . $3.97au
        > You just hook the thermistor up to a Multi Meter, reading ohm's you
        look up
        > the chart to convert to temperature.
        > Very accurate but you should do a table for each thermistor (
        apparently
        > they are individualistic ).
      • Dean Hazelwood
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
          Good article on the resistance curve of thermistors

          http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20020125S0100

          should be especially handy for using the different value of
          thermistors at jaycar.com.au