about oxidation

  • Johan Hemberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      I made a very simple "still" once. It worked like this:

      In a 25 liter bucket i put a 10 liter bucket filled with mash.
      I added a aquariumheater in the small bucket and had a constant temperature of 40 degrees celcius.
      Then i put the lid on the 25 Liter bucket and waited (and waited and waited).
      The air inside the 25 L bucket became saturated with alcohol/water and condensed on the 25 L wall.

      24 H later about 3-4 dl 40% alcohol was found in the bottom of the 25L bucket.

      The quality was very nice! much better than a average fractional still.

      To make this work you have to have strong mash, about 20%