RE: [Distillers] Distilling when to stop

  • Pete Sayers
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
      John, depending on the size of your wash, the type of still, and the
      original alcohol content of your wash, there will always be a large amount
      of wash left. Remember you are only taking the alcohol out. If you have a
      wash that is 20%, 20 litres, and you are using a pot still that should
      produce about 1 litre of alcohol per kilogram of sugar.Therefore if you have
      put down a wash of 20 litres, with 4.5kg of sugar, then you will take off
      about 4.5 litres @ around 45-50%. The balance left in the still will have no
      alcohol left in it, so toss it out. It makes good weedkiller.
      regards Pete from Brewers Barn