Re: [Distillers] Digest Number 331

  • Bruno M.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2000
      Ãbout airstones,
      if they are really "stone" or at least some ceramic stuff,
      it is IMPOSSIBLE to disolve them in alcohol.
      Maybe you got such a synthetic ( plastic ) one, than there is no garantie.
      If you got a good stone you will work a lot faster than without stone,
      as the purpus is to evaporate a very volentile substance OR
      to oxidise another one.
      I also fill in by the other reaction, that one week aeration can easely
      blow out
      a lot of alcohol and lieve a liquid with more water and less alcohol.
      If you like to lose a sharp taste, what about some activated carbon,
      to filter the stuff over ?

      Schol,
      Bruno M.

      Reply's to BrunoM1@...