galvanised iron?

  • Patrick Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
      Hi all,
      I would like to query as to the safety of such metals as galvanised iron.
      I would like to know if they are considered safe to use in the process of distilling alcohol?...if not what side affects?
      Thanks
      Pat

      Get free email at http://mail.netnoir.net
    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
        Patrick, please do not use galvanised products in the construction of your
        still.It is a zinc based coating, and could pollute your alcohol.
        regards Pete