all that can help?

  • Patrick Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
      Hi,
      There is a photo on Tony's photo page of a reflux still named:
      Rays keg still

      I was wondering if anyone (in particular ray) could tell me how they, or how you go about cutting such a large hole in the keg, what tools did you use etc?
      Thanks
      Pat

      Get free email at http://mail.netnoir.net
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2000
        >Hi,
        >There is a photo on Tony's photo page of a
        >reflux still named: Rays keg still
        >
        >I was wondering if anyone (in particular ray) could tell me
        >how they, or how you go about cutting such a large hole in
        >the keg, what tools did you use etc?
        >Thanks
        >Pat

        Here's Rays reply .....

        Pat: I cut the hole out with a friend's plasma torch. I make a
        fixture using the top piece of the original valve (see the large ring) which
        fits perfect into the opening. Next, I used a brass nipple, cut it, and
        turned the inside diameter to match he plasma torch tip. I silver soldered
        it together using welding rod bent to match the radius of the keg. Kind of a
        kluge, but it worked well. Here are some pictures of it with the cut out
        piece. Hope this helps, good luck with your project.
        Ray