recipe details

  • Patrick Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2000
      Hi all, it's me again, asking about nutrient details once again.
      My question to anyone that can help is:

      What size (litre) wash is this recipe for?

      One recipe for nutrient ale salts is
      58 g sodium chloride (common table salt)
      170 g citric acid
      7 g ammonium sulphate
      6 g magnesium sulphate
      2.5 g grape tannin

      AND, what is and where can I get grape tannin?

      One last question:

      In another recipe it called for (pottasium phosphate).
      The closest thing I was able to get was Sulphate of potash, which is:
      41.5% potassium(K)as sulphate
      and
      17.0% sulphur(S) as sulphate
      is this an ok substitute?

      Get free email at http://mail.netnoir.net
    • Patrick Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2000
        Hello everyone, I never saw this message that I posted yesterday come up, so I shall post it again and hope for the best...(sorry if it has already shown)

        > Hi all, it's me again, asking about nutrient details once again.
        > My question to anyone that can help is:
        >
        > What size (litre) wash is this recipe for?
        it appeared on Tony's web site under nutrients:

        > One recipe for nutrient ale salts is
        > 58 g sodium chloride (common table salt)
        > 170 g citric acid
        > 7 g ammonium sulphate
        > 6 g magnesium sulphate
        > 2.5 g grape tannin
        >
        > AND, what is and where can I get grape tannin?
        >
        > One last question:
        >
        > In another recipe it called for (pottasium phosphate).
        > The closest thing I was able to get was Potassium Sulphate

        Get free email at http://mail.netnoir.net
      • Bruno M.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2000
          1)
          grape tannin , is the bitter substance in the peel of grapes.
          Red wine contains more from it than white wine, because in white wine
          production the peels ( witch may be blue grapes )are not so long in
          contact whit the most.
          You must be able to find it in stores were they sell stuff for
          home-wine & bier makers.
          It's a brownish powder.
          2) pottasium phosphate
          You can find it in the same store as above.
          it's a salt, but no;"potassium sulphate" is not the same as "pottasium
          phosphate"
          I gues one need here the phospor, and not so much the pottasium.
          i hope this is a litlle help for you.

          Schol,
          Bruno M.

          Reply's to BrunoM1@...