RE: [Distillers] pitching, home made nutrients, and temp. control

  • Pete Sayers
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2000
      Patrick, Pete from Brewers barn. Pitching means 'adding the yeast to the
      wash"it is merely the action of adding the yeast to the wash or wine must or
      beer wort.You can reconstitute the yeast by the addition of some sugar
      dissolved in warm water (22-25 degrees c)in a "starter bottle" and add this
      to your wash. One of the simplest means of keeping your wash at a lower
      temp, is to place a bag of party ice to the wash. Just float the unopened
      bag in the top of your wash.
      regards Pete