How much Grain

  • wwisk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2000
      I tried to make a beer as described on the kiwi_distillars page, I
      used 4 KG of wheat (didn't have barly) and 18 litres of water. I was
      going to use amylase si I didn't add malt. I brought this up to a
      boil just like it says, and the whole thing turned into basically
      porridge. I was able to get only about 4 litres of starch water back
      out of it. I rinsed the grain and then added water until I got the 18
      litres back. Wash was very milky and finally settled out to about 4-6
      inches in the primary fermenter. What went wrong?