beginer help

  • jhalwa@home.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2000
      Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been
      doing some reaserch on distilling and really have only found
      information on intermediate/advanced distilling. I am new to this
      and
      looking for an....I guess you could say an idiots guide to
      distilling.
      So far I have just about completed my still. Its made from an old
      preasure cooker, or what you guys/gals would call pot still. It's
      capacity is just over 6L. what size of copper pipe should I use? and
      how long should it be from the pot to the condenser? How long should
      the coiled pipe be in the condenser? does it matter? I am also
      looking for a couple of good detailed recipes. The ones that I have
      come across seam to be quite vauge. I will be preparing each batch
      in
      5 Gal. Pails and looking to make a good whiskey and shine. Any help
      would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

      Jay