Re: Historical Recipe Collection

  • PJ
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2003
      --- "homedistiller" wrote:
      > Hi,`
      >
      > Snip< It's definitely better to be confused
      > than to believe a lie!
      >
      > Snip< but the chinese seemed to be earlier.

      Dirk

      The Chinese lay claim to all things that suit them. Nothing against
      that society as they 'seem' to have ancient records of a lot of
      things. You know - first language, writing and all..

      I have no idea about the first 'strong drink' - however, there were
      lots of things that happened in those times that were not recorded
      for our "history". Let your imagination run wild and I'm sure you
      could conger up lots of possibilities.

      "Ugg and Grunt were sitting by the fire heating up their grain moog
      and saw that it was getting a little warm. They placed the 'now
      famous' sheep skin over the stone pot and promptly went to sleep.
      Next morning everything seemed to be gone. Ugg said 'Grap... and then
      they sucked the last bits of stuff from the fur.. They got drunker
      than 'pfuiff' and this - forever more - became known as:
      "Ummm strong moog". Mmmm... get the gathers. me gona make more..

      lol...
    • BOKAKOB
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2003
        Blessed those who believe if you know what that mean.

        stillyaakman <stillyaakman@...> wrote:
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "homedistiller"
        <homedistiller@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks Wal, for all that info!
        >
        > Now, I have a question: the Old Testament of the Bible mentions the
        > consumption of what is called "strong drink"

        Howdy,
        I studied this question wnen I was a youth questioning the teachings
        of the church I was raised in. They taught that consuming alcohol was
        a sin. My question was, if that is so why did God tell his people
        to "buy wine or strong drink or whatever your heart desires".
        The answer was that strong drink was beer. And the result of my
        studies led me to avoid irrational and illogical religous rules!
        Now I figure if God wants me to behave a certain way he will tell me
        himself.

        I can be wrong I must say
        Cheers, Alex...

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2003
          The Babylonians were brewing beer and it was more widely consumed
          than wine - so beer and wine would have been known to people in the
          Old Testament. But the beer was not strong, so it is a question of
          interpretation and translation. Wine is part of Jewish and Christian
          rituals, so how can it be sinful?
          Wal
          > Blessed those who believe if you know what that mean.
          >
          > stillyaakman <stillyaakman@y...> wrote:--- In
          Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "homedistiller"
          > <homedistiller@y...> wrote:
          > > Thanks Wal, for all that info!
          > >
          > > Now, I have a question: the Old Testament of the Bible mentions
          the
          > > consumption of what is called "strong drink"
          >
          > Howdy,
          > I studied this question wnen I was a youth questioning the
          teachings
          > of the church I was raised in. They taught that consuming alcohol
          was
          > a sin. My question was, if that is so why did God tell his people
          > to "buy wine or strong drink or whatever your heart desires".
          > The answer was that strong drink was beer. And the result of my
          > studies led me to avoid irrational and illogical religous rules!
          > Now I figure if God wants me to behave a certain way he will tell
          me
          > himself.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          >
          > To unsubscribe from this group send a blank email to distillers-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Service.