Re: [Distillers] Cleaning Up

  • Harley Daschund
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
      I always do a run with wate @ full power,just to 'steam clean' the column
      and packing...I fully dismantle and remove packing from column(after water
      run) every 3-4 runs and anytime the column isnt going to be used for a
      while...:>)
      PS: Cold water dosnt do a very good job of cleaning the 'nasties' from the
      packing etc...good luck...:>)

      >From: "Ken Grady" <kengrady@...>
      >Subject: [Distillers] Cleaning Up
      >Gday All,
      >
      >Having just started with my new rig I was wanting to know what is be best
      >to clean up the still & in particular the column where the pot scrubbers
      >are located. Do you have to remove all the scrubbers or can I just as I
      >have done so far just shove the hose in the top & run it at full bore for a
      >couple of minutes, is this sufficient? Any advise is greatly appreciated
      >,thanks.
      >Just took some photo's will post asap.
      >
      >Ken Grady

    • Robert N

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003

          Thanks for the input guys much appreciated.
          Ken