SV: [Distillers] Pool Cooled Still

  • Johan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003

      I don’t think the pressure will cause any problems. It’s not much pressure.

      Johan

      Hi,

                 do you think this design below could work?

      Can the copper pipe go down in the pool and up again?

      Is 1/2'' pipe too large for this.

      What about the pressure, this still like all other pot stills won't have a great access to air.

      Many thanks for your advices,

      .

    • BillyWeeble@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        In a message dated 7/31/03 11:02:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        maxime_belair@... writes:

        << What about the pressure, this still like all other pot stills won't have a
        great access to air. >>

        Better make sure your connections at the boiler are strong and tight.
        The alcohol vapors will be pushed out from the back pressure and end up on your
        burner if any leaks are present. Good thing you are doing this outside and
        away from the house, huh? Don't forget to have a fire extinguisher handy. Good
        luck - I mean it.