confused newbie

  • raptillicus2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      First let me say this is a very good site.Ive been reading all I can
      for about two months.I have all I need to start. I am useing rye corn
      malted barley and,prestige wd with amyloglucosidase.I have two 111
      leter pp clear plastic fermenting tubs.i have plans on trying a
      recipe from message 2874 ,but I am confused about the mashing i have
      no idea how much water to use vs grain. and allso confused about the
      rye. I read somethinng about fermenting on the grain.does this mean
      I put the rye in the fermenting tub and mash the corn and malted
      barley Thanks in advance to all who replie.