reply to MEL ,ED ,ROGER

  • BJ & FM Poke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 1999
      MEL ==thanks for your patience,the email for the other site/newsgroup is distillation@... just send an email with the word subscribe in both the header and the body,this will give you access i believe and as this newsgroup is not moderated you will be almost instantly transmitted to all members ,but thats not all ,no you don't get any steak knives,but you are also auto-gen subscribed to www.kare.com.au/distill/ which has an email news service.

      ROGER===if you go to the three url's which were awarded the 3 best non -commercial sites on the net by the tassie devil's just two days ago your'e luck will change dramatically including the home pages and links you have 100 sites to peruse many with still plans/diagrams etc.etc.

      ED-=====how's the weather in holland about now ??? going down hill quickly i guess!! ed,i think all round it would be better to just buy campari as the cost of ingredients to make it and finding them if your not in the industry would be prohibitive,the number beside the compound is the relative proportion ===angelica oil 3
      angelica root 66
      calamus oil 5
      calamus root 100
      casscarilla bark 33
      chamomile flowers 33
      chamomile oil 5
      clove flowers 33
      clove oil 3
      coriander fruits 33
      galangal root 66
      gentian bark 66
      juniper oil 5
      majorum 33
      orange bitter peels 100
      orange bitter oil 5
      peppermint 33
      pimento berry 33
      wormwood leaves and tops 33
      ethyl alcohol 95% 156
      distilled water 156
      to ed and every body,i rest my case t'is sometimes simpler to buy particularly as i havn't included the manufacturing methodology which requires some specialialised skills and equipment==== gezellig kerstfeest gelukkig nieuwjaar

      many regards to all ,happy millenium brian
    • E.J.G. Montforts
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 1999
        Brian,
        weather? Snertweer! Rain, cold (4 C), gales! Dark in the
        morning, dark in the afternoon, dark in the evening. Lights
        on when you get up, lights on when you come home, lights on
        at work. Thanks for the recipy. Will (let others) try out.
        When finished, will let you know. BTW, a friend of mine will
        try out. He is an amateur-distiller, and liqueurmaker, and
        even writes articles for a magazine, called Proost (cheers).
        This magazine is about making beer, wine, liqueur; about
        growing grapes and the like and about country wines.
        He is way ahead of humble me in this art, and I am convinced
        that he will know how to do it. He has the skills, he has
        the equipment, and he is curious. If there are some special
        things he should know, I would love to hear from you.
        Regards and thanks again.
        Ed

        No flowers, no bees
        no leaves on the trees