Re: [Distillers] Cooper and it's use in high-end stills

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2003
      Cooper and it's use in high-end stills
      Hector A. Landaeta C. wrote:
      Subject: [Distillers] Cooper and it's use in high-end stills
      re...Schweizer's reagent.

      Very interesting, thanks Mike.  Your knowledge in this subjects is not less than encyclopedic.  I wonder why this German manufacturers swear so much on copper for their material of choice for still making.
      Dunno about 'encyclopaedic'.  Just been around a bit longer than some :-)
      I think the German manufacturers prefer copper for the same reasons as the Scots do for their whisky stills.  It does seem to have a very pronounced effect if you switch from copper to stainless steel.  One distillery apparently tried replacing their old copper still with a shiny new modern stainless one, and the results were reported to be horrible.
      Mike N