Re: [Distillers] Venezuelan Ponche Crema

  • Hector A. Landaeta C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Re: [Distillers] Venezuelan Ponche Crema On 1/7/03 2:52 AM, "waljaco" <waljaco@...> wrote:

      Ponche Crema is an egg-nog drink which is typically Venezuelan...

      Wal
      P.S. Maybe Hector has more recipes?

      Well...  Have to raid my granny’s recipe book to check.  I think this one you posted is somewhat representative of the drink.  Christmas without “Ponche Crema” is just not the same thing for a Venezuelan.  Women, specially, indulge in it at that time (remember there’s a machist taboo still imbedded in Latin cultures about women drinking).  It has 20% ethylic strength so it sure gives our ladies something to be happy about.
      Salud amigos.
      --
      Hector Landaeta.
      Colonia Tovar - Venezuela.