Mike's Boiler

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 6:41 AM
      In a message dated 6/30/03 4:58:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      mike@... writes:

      << I still use my much derided vacuum cleaner boiler which has a very
      convenient domed lid that clamps securely in place. >>

      Hiya Mike, What a beautiful boiler! So many questions... I was
      imagining a Shop-Vac then up popped the picture. That ain't no regl'er Suzie
      homemaker setup. I find good stuff from saw mills, processing plants, metal recycle
      yards, yard sales... but never have I seen anything like that. Where in the
      world (literally) did you find it? Is it insulated when in use? Have you used
      it with propane flame? Likely it's powered by electricity - does it sit just
      like that when in operation? Does "derided" mean someone stopped riding it?

      I like the idea of ease of operation when water heaters are discussed but
      then my minds eye shows me a still 10 ft (3.333 metres) high. I suppose one
      could return the vapor down then back up again, but since my instincts (often
      faulty) tell me that's wrong. So instead I use a squat boiler and gas heat
      with the thermometer at almost eyeball level. Any comment on the vapor path is
      appreciated.

      Thanks for the detailed explanation of "Schweitzer's reagent". I am
      merely a fiddler in an orchestra of virtuosos. I'll try to catch
    • rodmacd2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 11:02 AM
        Domestic water heaters come in many sizes depending on make and
        capacity. e.g. my own water heater cum still boiler with capacity 43
        liters is exactly 22 inches (56 cm) high.