Venezuelan Ponche Crema

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      Ponche Crema is an egg-nog drink which is typically Venezuelan. This
      recipe came from Berta's Venezuelan Recipes
      http://home.iprimus.com.au/creyes/Venezuelan.htm

      Ponche Crema
      6 eggs
      Peel of a lime
      Stir the eggs (Don't beat!) into -
      3 cans of sweetened condensed milk
      2 cans of evaporated milk
      Alternatively pour cans of milk into the eggs.
      Remove lime peel and add -
      1 litre of rum
      Place on low heat and gently stir. Add -
      1oz (30ml) Angostura Bitters
      Stir constantly over a low heat for 20-25 mins until it thickens.
      Strain, bottle and refrigerate.
      (Makes about 4 litre-size bottles)

      Wal
      P.S. Maybe Hector has more recipes?
    • Hector A. Landaeta C.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        Re: [Distillers] Venezuelan Ponche Crema On 1/7/03 2:52 AM, "waljaco" <waljaco@...> wrote:

        Ponche Crema is an egg-nog drink which is typically Venezuelan...

        Wal
        P.S. Maybe Hector has more recipes?

        Well...  Have to raid my granny’s recipe book to check.  I think this one you posted is somewhat representative of the drink.  Christmas without “Ponche Crema” is just not the same thing for a Venezuelan.  Women, specially, indulge in it at that time (remember there’s a machist taboo still imbedded in Latin cultures about women drinking).  It has 20% ethylic strength so it sure gives our ladies something to be happy about.
        Salud amigos.
        --
        Hector Landaeta.
        Colonia Tovar - Venezuela.